Popular Posts

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Saving The Best For Last Every Year !

  I am a Christian and  I love Christmas and believe that the Uber- Narrative of Christmas is true. I do think that God became man and dwelt among us!

However, Today, I wish to take a more panoramic view of the last two months of the year. In Our USA, We celebrate Gratitude and Generosity during the last 1/6TH of EVERY YEAR. Yes, I know with some people that this is veneer, the most patently hollow and highly superficial lip service.

However, I note that people do see more grateful and thankful and willing to acknowledge that they are blessed, across the board and throughout every level and segment of our population, in November!


I also note that people are willing to honor others with their kindness and generosity during this present month of December! I also believe that people care more, across the board, about the well-being and general welfare of everyone during THIS MONTH. This is, of course and certainly, NOT!!! true of EVERY American but it tends to be far more true this month than we expect it to be during the rest of this or ANY year.

November also adds to this festival of gratitude and generosity/ caring it's own extra touches. The Celebration of Freedom known to us as Election Day as well as The Honoring and Valuing of those who served sacrificially to the greater gain of all of us on Veterans' Day.

These are reasons why, in My Opinion, that many among us look forward to the last 61 days of EACH AND EVERY Year!

- Johnny -



No comments:

Post a Comment