A Good friend, one of the most principled and consistent people I've ever known, will say that the only way that the poorest among us are likely to improve their lives is by borrowing to purchase the best education possible with the best career and salary potential and then getting the utmost out of those educational opportunities.
I think she has a good point. Yet. Others will argue the "best laid plans" arguments. The student does not do well in school , the temptations of a distant school are more than they can handle, they discover that this " sure ticket to success field " is not for them etc.
So, Then, They aren't doing well and they have a severe debt to deal with? Thus, Was it prudent to have opened this " Pandora's Box" in the FIRST Place.
So, How do you weigh in on this debate? How well do you need to know the risk and the chances of success, based on that INDIVIDUAL, before you advocate that someone borrow money to get a higher education?
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
About 2 hours ago, I was at a nearby Supermarket, I noticed a young, athletic-looking man wearing a "Wounded Warrior" T- Shirt. ...
-
My Church held its' annual meeting last night. My Pastor announced that my Church would be doing more in the way of women's minist...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment