Baseball Statistics GURU Bill James was once asked about the effect of the intangibles on the sport of baseball.
He replied, " I find it hard to measure intangibles. It is difficult to measure what DOES NOT EXIST!"
Do you concur with Bill James' view?
Years ago, Hilliary Clinton was pilloried for saying , " I find it hard to imagine that something greater than me exists." In fairness to Ms. Rodham Clinton, she was referring, in fact, to greater than HUMANITY.
Yet, She was attacked as being dismissive of spirituality by making this statement. Mr. James may be treading on some of the same ground!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
About 2 hours ago, I was at a nearby Supermarket, I noticed a young, athletic-looking man wearing a "Wounded Warrior" T- Shirt. ...
-
My Church held its' annual meeting last night. My Pastor announced that my Church would be doing more in the way of women's minist...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment