The Plot - A nerdy recent college grad is failing at his job at a computer firm. He is facing being fired. He offers to sell his soul and he comes with a "wow" idea. His boss then rewards him with a six weeks vacation at a beach community - with an order to develop a mega idea.
He struggles until a gorgeous woman offers him " perfect looks and irresistibly" if again he will sell his soul. he is unsteady a bit after being transformed but grown into it. The Satanic temptress disguises herself as a therapist to convince him that he's always been who he is now and that his old life is a delusion. He falls in love with her.
As this is a Hollywood 80's comedy he choose to return to his old like. The temptress is allowed to renounce her vow and become who she was before. This being Hollywood she's still rather attractive even transformed
It is a good movie to ponder just before The Day of Gratitude!.I''ve been lonely and isolated most of my life- that is still still, sadly, all to true even now, Would I be rid of "me" to be handsome, charming, irresistible and sought after"! I'd like to think " No" but I'm glad that My God is good and gracious enough to not put me in a position where I have to say " no" to that overwhelming temptation!
- Johnny-
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
About 2 hours ago, I was at a nearby Supermarket, I noticed a young, athletic-looking man wearing a "Wounded Warrior" T- Shirt. ...
-
My Church held its' annual meeting last night. My Pastor announced that my Church would be doing more in the way of women's minist...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment