Chuck Colson , in his daily Breakpoint commentary dated December 22ND, 2011, noted that an Afghan woman who was sexually assaulted wound up being imprisoned due to this act. Her attacker was a married man. Colson raises the point that this is a social perspective that we , as Americans would likely find unacceptable. It certainly strikes me as barbaric and repulsive.
It is often argued that critics of American Society often denounce us for the way we treat women, children, gays and lesbians yet seem to ignore the mistreatment of those very same individuals in other societies!
It does cause you to wonder shouldn't the same "negative treatment" gain the same "negative response" no matter where on this planet the offense occurs!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment