2011- An Earthquake, The shift of services of my Church, which rents space from an Arlington County, Va Middle School, from a comfortable auditorium to uncomfortable bleachers in a gymnasium. Many heavy rain storms to trudge through or wait for buses in in the last 4 months of the year. This sampling of struggle seems to have just been the way 2011 appeared to be to myself and others that I've chatted with locally, nationally and world wide.. One wag said, " I was ready to fire this year right around Valentine's Day!"
This year does not over all, based on conversations, newspaper commentaries and media pundits seem to have been a banner year. One commentator said that this is a year that "you will want to dump lime on once it is over!." It was also said to be in a year that, " needs to be buried in an unmarked grave in an area where weeds grow high and quickly."
According to two store mangers I spoke to it was a great year for The Dollar Tree Chain and 7-11. I have noted , over the last few weeks, the phrase " Like it or not" appearing more and more frequently in radio programs and even in newscasts. The tone is that of " What you are about to tell will annoy, frustrate and displease you , however... I heard it used in a story of a likely 2012 local transit increase. I understand one coach EVEN used it, or so I've been told, to describe the current state of his sports team.
I do predict that the phrase, " Like it or not" will be heard from time to time during The 2012 Presidential Election Season!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment