One of my greates struggles, something that often proves to be my Kryptonite, is the brutual " I goota do what Ever will let me survive" mentality that I was immersed in NEARLY anywhere I went in the section of the Bronx where I lived.
Even the outsiders, such as my teachers, seemed to just accept the morass rather than do anything to effectively show us models that would likely improve our lives if ewe were tenacious and daring enough to pursue them.
I still have a very jaundiced attitude towards them, years later, for their indifference too often eloquently expressed, and there whole attitude of " better you than me."
I guess that I'm seeing that life can be improved , even when you've wallowed in despair for years , by pushing through lethargy , pain and discomfort to decide to think better, be better, speak better and live much better!
Yet, Did I need to have teachers with this pathetic and unhelpful and unlife - enhancing attitude then ? This also keeps me wondering does maintaining people where they are and striving to not let life get worse for our most crisis-plagued citizens ACTUALLY the very best, as a society, that we can do for those who are " truly our neighbors"?
This may be reality. However, Something within me tells me that this is just NOT the case and that we just callously comfort ourselves by believing that this wretched excuse is the truth!
The Conservatives will maintain that " The Poor will always Be with you!" The Liberals will argue many people, limited programs and we need to work to do the most we can for segments of the population. The individual, thus, does not get what that one man or women, boy or girl truly thinks and longs for.
For those who are able to do better, are capable mentally and emotionally of being taught, mentored and cared about and who will push themselves to accomplish all that they are actually ABLE to accomplish, We need to have a direct, personal, committed and individually adjust ability to meet them where they are top get them to where they desire to arrive!
Do I know exactly how to do achieve this? No! Do I think that our society would benefit by achieving this? ABSOLUTELY? Do I think that we need people committed to work unceasingly and tirelessly until we make this a possibility that we can skillfully and reliability offer to those who want this and will be benefited by this? Beyond any doubt or question!!!!! I learned long ago two vital facts- Just because I don't know what the answer is does NOT mean that there is NOT!!!!!an answer. Just because I'm not certain as to how to do this with passion, precision and excellence does not mean that it is impossible to respond to this obvious need with passion, precision and excellence!
- Johnny-
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
No comments:
Post a Comment