the process of being downgraded and devalued in 2012? In the mid 20TH Century ,The mantra that young people were often bombarded with was "To get a good job, get a good education!
The Colleges and Universit6y were seen as places for people to blossom, where people were taught to think critically and thoroughly. Where you get to think of the bigger picture and building for the future rather than just making it through right now. You were also pushed to believe that broadening yourself, gain a a good deal of insight in various areas of academic endeavor is a treasure of great price- highly beneficial to pursue.
In 2012, Education is seen as a hobby unless you can profitably apply it once you graduate. Do not pursue it unless you can without going into debt.. Young people are now more likely to be urged to delay education and then attend community colleges and in state Public institutions rather than prized public and private institutions.
Students may also be advised to take courses that will " pay off" rather than to pursue a broadening education. One of the sad truths of life is an education occurred may well become an education that never occurs!
We cannot afford to have education seen as a frill or a luxury. The Future of America will be most grim if that becomes a standard way of thinking!
This IS MY 1,000 TH!!!! Blog entry of 2012 ! There are still MANY postings to be created before this year finally is over!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
About 2 hours ago, I was at a nearby Supermarket, I noticed a young, athletic-looking man wearing a "Wounded Warrior" T- Shirt. ...
-
My Church held its' annual meeting last night. My Pastor announced that my Church would be doing more in the way of women's minist...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment