Financially, socially and in many ways, We love guarantees, we love risk being eliminated to ZERO or next to nothing.
We desire to try without regrets, to make sure that our efforts are nearly pain - fee. We want to make sure that we get a return that benefits us just about automatically.
However, People usually charge a lot or ask a great deal from us. Therefore their guarantee promise or certainty cost them so little that they can well afford to " generously provide it," We gain little if anything from our guarantee.
A savings bank account is guaranteed up to 250, 000 Dollars, the rate of return connected to it is extremely minute. Other investments can not grow at all, fail or provide great gain. We know that there is risk but we accept the risk because we want the chance for great gain.
Competition is never guaranteed, Creative endeavors or not guaranteed. A good education does not guarantee a great income or satisfaction with your life. The wise know this. Those who do not know this and go into it believing that it MUST work well for them may soon grow become a member of growing ranks of the highly angry and begrudging.
Many in our society want a risk- free and a safe society,. A society that guarantees to every American- no matter what - you will be kept from harm, provided for kept secure and generally whole. This can only happen if we pay a lot and are willing to settle, as a nation for relatively little.
In my opinion, This is a Faustian Bargain at best. It mean s that initiative, inventiveness, desire and vision have to strained completely out of any thought of what it means to be an American.
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
About 2 hours ago, I was at a nearby Supermarket, I noticed a young, athletic-looking man wearing a "Wounded Warrior" T- Shirt. ...
-
My Church held its' annual meeting last night. My Pastor announced that my Church would be doing more in the way of women's minist...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
No comments:
Post a Comment