This is the comment one ChicagoParent adddressed to Chicago's Striking Teacher.
The teachers are striking over being measured over testing scores as the measure of deciding the fate of their continuing employment .
The teachers say that they cannot be help accountable for how the conditions imposed upon their students by poverty limits their ability to function well in the classroom ?
The argument thus seems- We can't overcome the limitations that life has imposed upon our students versus What can you do to lead your students to success in spite of their current way of living?
It seems to me that you strive to do all you can do to improve today while asking for more resources to improve your ability to more easily overcome difficult conditions.
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
About 2 hours ago, I was at a nearby Supermarket, I noticed a young, athletic-looking man wearing a "Wounded Warrior" T- Shirt. ...
-
My Church held its' annual meeting last night. My Pastor announced that my Church would be doing more in the way of women's minist...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment