Popular Posts

Saturday, February 4, 2012

An insight into the Johnnyverse

  I've never made any secret of this. I loathe, despise and am appalled by vulgar, obscene and coarse language. If I had the power to ban its use, I'd do so.If this make me a fascist, I'll just need to accept this.

If my parents were not able to use such language while I was growing up, My father would have said 9 words during my childhood and my mother- two! It also seemed to be the only language, too often, spoken in the 2 neighborhoods .

One of my High School teachers, a VERY traditional and soft-spoken man, once became angered by one of my classmate's continual use of vulgarities English teachers. He became brave and cut " " Mark" off mid- sentence. " I guess that I should be impressed that there actually is a language that you are fluent in. I guess that means you have accomplished something." I so much wanted to say " Yesss" but I knew that I'd pay a price for that- so, regrettably, I was cowardly and said nothing.

 I am required to tolerate it - I allow myself to admit that I loathe vulgar and course language.

- Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment