I gave a speech today at a Toastmaster meeting about the recent rebooting initiated by DC Comics. They decided to erase the pasts of all of their chracters and act, in effect , as if they all first came into public awareness in September of 2011!
I spoke about the value of linking into Iconic chracters who inspire us to seek to do the best for the best reasons. I spoke to the value of comic books as the first literature that children want to read and are even willing to spend their own money on in order to purchase books and magazines. The inspiration of seein g a child willing and eager to reach is at once dynamic and thrilling.
I was tired today and thought I delivered my speech in just an adequate and pedestrian way, Yet, I learned that a fellow Toastmaster at the meeting remarked that being asked to think about Superheroes made getting up this morning and attending the meeting worthwhile. A guest I brought with me to this 8:15 Saturday morning meeting talked about re-thinking goals and priorities after hearing MY speech! That merits a "Uh" and a "Wow" all at once from me.
Inspiration seems to happen when we speak from the heart and simply be ourselves- no matter whether we BELIEVE at any one given moment that we have been sufficiently motivational and inspiring or not!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
About 2 hours ago, I was at a nearby Supermarket, I noticed a young, athletic-looking man wearing a "Wounded Warrior" T- Shirt. ...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
night without her.
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment