Years ago, When I was beaten myself up and maligning myself savagely, a good friend stopped me in the middle of a vicious and whiny rant where I was skillfully negating myself and asked me one simple question. " when is your birthday?"
When I told her, she said, " here is a way to give yourself a wonderful month, Celebrate Birth Month, Make the month of your birth a time of continuous celebration and spoiling yourself.. 6 Years ago, I started to practice this idea, As I have a mid- November Birthday, Today IS the First Day of Birth Month.
This very day, Tuesday, November First, 2011 is ALSO the start of Month TWO of My 18 Month Prime Directive. With The help of a mentor and 3 Board Members, I'm working to let myself discover who I am, in a pervasive sense at my best. I'm then working to learn how to function, live and love in that manner on a consistent and predictable manner!
My Focus for The First Month, October, 2011, was to work , more consistently, to be more positive through out my day. I practiced becoming more effective in speaking, thinking, writing and acting more positively towards all but MOST ESPECIALLY towards myself. I saw great improvement in this endeavor through out the month but I see that I still have far to go. My Scripture for October was Phillipians 4: 8 and 9.
My Theme for November 2011- The SECOND Month - is to understand why people like being around me and desire my company. I'm in earnest when I say that I don't understand why people respond to me in that way. I struggle, often, to find myself to be likable and someone I'd seek out to spend time with. This month I will be learning what people find likable, desirable and appealing about me. I will be seeking to discover what I do well and challenge myself to improve in these arenas. I will also be seeking to discern what people gain from knowing me, Birth Month seemed to be the best time to pursue this odyssey.
I have chosen a Theme Song for THE Month - John Mayer's No Such Thing. My Verse of The Month is Psalm 139 :14 .
I plan to really enjoy THE NEXT 29 and a Fraction Days
- Johnny-
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
About 2 hours ago, I was at a nearby Supermarket, I noticed a young, athletic-looking man wearing a "Wounded Warrior" T- Shirt. ...
-
My Church held its' annual meeting last night. My Pastor announced that my Church would be doing more in the way of women's minist...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment