Someone once asked me to teach a class- an SAT Prep class- and I did not do a good job of it. I was working to tutor the children of high achieving and demanding parents. I was not a very secure person 4 years ago and I let the fear of failure eat me alive. I was relieved of my position.
I am NOW editing and making some changes in a Debate instruction proposal that I've been asked to present. The first version of this project was generally well- thought of but I was asked to make some changes to it. Making those changes has been an uphill climb and I've let tension and anxiety limit my progress on my current efforts.
Just this morning, I noticed that I felt bolder and more audacious . Over the last hour or two, I've made some noticeable progress after nearly 2 weeks of getting virtually nothing accomplished.
I now need to remember that I can defeat the ghost of failure past!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
No comments:
Post a Comment