One of the sad facts of my childhood is that I seemed to have been exposed to bullies no matter where I went. Most Alarmingly, The two must brutal and merciless bullies that I dealt with were my own parents!
I've allowed this fear haunt me throughout most of my adult life. I've dealt with more than my fair share of bullies as an adult. Some who were intimidated, loud, threatening, menacing and intimidating. People willing to use force, when ever they saw it to be to their advantage. I once had someone beat me and tell me that he was going to kill me as he beat me. I once also had a landlord tell me that " I can get away with anything I want to and you can't stop me"
I've also known people who use insult, anger and threats of cutting off influence and contact to keep people under their manipulative control.
This year has seen victories in this regard. I've been bolder, more candid and more willing to walk away from and expose bullies all at once.
I know that there are dangerous, predatory, cunning, dishonest and menacing people who can and will harm people. I know that I am not invulnerable to those determined to do me ill!
Yet, I know I'm not willing to live as a slave and to live my life to please bullies is to live in slavery!
- Johnny-
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
About 2 hours ago, I was at a nearby Supermarket, I noticed a young, athletic-looking man wearing a "Wounded Warrior" T- Shirt. ...
-
My Church held its' annual meeting last night. My Pastor announced that my Church would be doing more in the way of women's minist...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
No comments:
Post a Comment