I am a Christian and I love Christmas and believe that the Uber- Narrative of Christmas is true. I do think that God became man and dwelt among us!
However, Today, I wish to take a more panoramic view of the last two months of the year. In Our USA, We celebrate Gratitude and Generosity during the last 1/6TH of EVERY YEAR. Yes, I know with some people that this is veneer, the most patently hollow and highly superficial lip service.
However, I note that people do see more grateful and thankful and willing to acknowledge that they are blessed, across the board and throughout every level and segment of our population, in November!
I also note that people are willing to honor others with their kindness and generosity during this present month of December! I also believe that people care more, across the board, about the well-being and general welfare of everyone during THIS MONTH. This is, of course and certainly, NOT!!! true of EVERY American but it tends to be far more true this month than we expect it to be during the rest of this or ANY year.
November also adds to this festival of gratitude and generosity/ caring it's own extra touches. The Celebration of Freedom known to us as Election Day as well as The Honoring and Valuing of those who served sacrificially to the greater gain of all of us on Veterans' Day.
These are reasons why, in My Opinion, that many among us look forward to the last 61 days of EACH AND EVERY Year!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
No comments:
Post a Comment