Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

2 Tragedies - 15 Year old Lawrence King and 2 year Old Cailee Anthony!

Many were heartbroken by the not guilty verdict that came in yesterday as the resolution of the Casey Anthony trial. The legal system has declared Casey Anthony to be not guilty and that is something that we must all abide by.

 Many of us are grieved by the the short life of a two year old who seems to have not been properly cared for at any point of her life. The decayed state of her body when she was found seems to speak to this. It seems that not one but many adults failed Cailee- Who was there to see that her best interests were taken care of. I do believe that children should be valued- I believe this to be true BOTH before and after they are born- if this principle had been applied to Cailee, it is likely she'd still be alive today.

Lawrence King was a 15 year old student at a Middle School in California. He was shot twice before a horrified  group of students and died some time later. Some of described his murder as an " execution -style killing". the 14 year old who is now on trial for King's murder is from a family that has been involved in white supremest activities.
Larry ( as he was better known) is gay. He was often bullied for this as was his younger brother. The school authorities say that Larry was defiant- That he'd come to school dressed in high heels and women's clothes. This was not wise on his part. The school admitted that they were uncomfortable with his doing so, but felt constrained to do anything more/ or further about that.

 I have no harsh wishes against Casey Anthony- I just wish that she had  placed her daughter up for adoption or found people to care for her that would provide her the needed and proper care that she merited as an innocent, vulnerable and needful child..

 As far, Larry King. I think he acted unwisely and imprudently. I wish some adult had provided him beneficial mentor ship to help him not make himself a more enticing target for bullies. He should have kept his younger brother in mind when he dressed and behaved at school as he did.

I do not condone nor am I an advocate for homosexuality. I do not have to approve of someone's behavior. I am a Christian an I believe that the best way to spread my faith is by living as Jesus directs me to do so and by being loving and welcoming of others. I believe that Jesus is the perfect judge who will always do right for everyone and by everyone. I am involved, with others, in gathering and Jesus decides the rest. I also know that as I am NOT sinless I do not dare say that I am willing and/or eager to cast either the first or the 26th Billionth stone!

 Children need to be mentored, raised, cherished, cared for cared about and provided for. Sadly, No one took on these roles for either Cailee or Larry, This is why ,in part, both or now in their graves! One is known world wide and is a household name one is still not at all well- known- Few have considered, so far, his life and death!

Cailee Anthony and Larry King- Mourn for both, They are worth morning for!

1 comment: