Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lambert - The Sheepish Lion- 2011 Version

     This is a Disney Tale! In a 1951 Cartoon, The Stork mistakenly delivers a lion as part of a bundle of lambs. Lambert is taken in by a lonely sheep bereft of lambs. The stork tries to correct his mistake. However, The fierce reaction of the mother lamb who takes the baby lion in causes the stork to flee without him.

 She names the young lion/lamb Lambert. Lambert is not able to bleat. He tries to fit in and it doesn't work. He has no idea that he is a lion. The other lambs but him and intimidate him. He becomes extremely timid and intimidated.

 Until one night ,after he is an adult ,A savage wolf attack the flock and centers his attack on Lambert's mother.The young lion cowers and cringes until he sees that that the wolf has chased his mother to the end of a cliff and is advancing towards her.. With all nearly lost, He realizes that he is a lion. He unleashes an ear-piercing raw that terrifies the wolf. He then head butts the the wolf off the cliff where he is at the end of the cartoon hanging on by a small branch. Lambert, then, becomes the hero of the flock.

  I was raised quite opposite of who I actually am. My personality is not what my parents desired. They worked hard to break me of it. Thus, I have been a Lambert for most of my life.

 The rugged mountain side community of El Florido is not an inviting pace to be. It is on a 35 Degree incline, it is rocky and contains many sharp cactus. Running is out and moving quickly can be an adventure.Helping with a construction project there did not really work when I tried to be a Lambert! I had to be bolder and learned to say "yes" no matter what I was asked.

 I navigated slowly and carefully rather than- Lambert- style- deciding to stay put because it was just too hard to do otherwise! I learned a lot about myself working with and being mentored mightily by the fellow members of the Grace Mission Team. Their boldly asserting that I had the ability to accomplish what I was asked to do and their absolute determination to accept not ONE!!! excuse or rationalization, made it impossible for me to be a Lambert as I labored near the top of the rugged and harsh mountain.

 You will hear much more of The Mountain Adventures over the next weeks. I am a wiser and more resourceful than I was a weak ago!This lion is learning that I am able to roar rather than bleat or baaaaaaa!- WINK!!!!!!!!


- Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment