I remember, as a boy,that the admonition to " Mind Your Own Business" was an admonition that you did not dare ignore. Being persistent in trying to " Find out about the business of someone else business"after you had been clearly warned NOT to do so would VERY likely lead to a stern rebuke and punishment.
Perhaps due to what occurred on 9/11/01, This social dictum fell into the 'superceded by current events" category ! Yes, It is good to know if someone has a Bomb in a bag or a suspicious cell phone that might either have a bomb contained within it or that might be used to trigger an explosion remotely. However, People seem likely to study the cover of the book that you are reading to see EXACTLY what book you are reading or study the newspaper you are reading to see what editorial you are reading, I guess that having a dangerous opinion might lead to a dangerous future violation of NATIONAL Security.
I do think that no matter how risky life in the USA just might be in the Fall of 2010, that our maintaining and preserving our personal freedom do require that each of us KNOW that we have the right to live SEPARATE lives! We are told that celebrities have the right to be microscopically annoyed by the paparazzi
because their career choices invite this very type of certainty. Yet, The average person does not invite such
mega and omni study and scrutiny.
So, Unless their is a clear, obvious and reasonable reason to invade an other person's privacy- a good reason to expect them to be directly answerable to you, perhaps the ethos of " Mind Your Own Business " needs to make a comeback. So unless you have a paramount reason to worry about what another man, woman, boy or girl is doing, PLEASE M.Y.O. B.!!!!!!!!!!
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment