I am surprised, but perhaps I should not be, by some of the venomous " commentary" that passes for conversation on the Internet. This is a medium where it seems all to easy to attack someone personally rather than respond intelligently and credibly to what they are posting. The classically noble action to avoid adhominem attacks seems to not be treasured on the 'Net!
Yet, Would such people respond with insult and slander to people they have face to face contact with? Not likely!!!! Why not actually exchange ideas, express positively and in a motivating fashion your disagreements and counter-proposals and strive for more engaging , stimulating and productive meetings of the mind?
I am sadly coming to the conclusion that some people are not capable of this type of dignified engagement or perhaps are simply just too lazy to be willing to make the effort!
- Johnny-
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
No comments:
Post a Comment