Today, Sunday, October 17th, 2010 was a good day to pray, cherish friends and invest. I enjoyed a great sermon on Money and how when we give we are being like the Lord we say we strive to follow.The idea is that Jesus always sought to give and to be the spur for an increase in each persons' life. The sermon advocated that we are at our best when we earnestly wish to share in the largess that we have been provided with.
Then, I took part in a rehearsal for the Christmas Pageant that will be performed during the two services to be performed on Sunday, December 18th. I have a small part. I play a homeless person who is really an angel sharing with a woman that Jesus came as a baby to be like us and among us. He then grew to provide peace and a way of escape to those of us bound by turmoil and no access to any way out from our lives of limitation.
I then participated in the meeting of a New Bilingual Chinese- English Toastmasters Club. They hold their meetings on the campus of George Mason University. The main message of that meeting is actively striving to succeed will bring about greater and greater opportunities for success and fulfillment.
It seems the message of the day is that great expectations, daring engagement and a desire to enrich others will always bring about benefit to all of those committed to those efforts! - Johnny-
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
No comments:
Post a Comment