The primary Public Transportation option in the Greater Washington DC Area is provided by WMATA - The Washington Metropolitan Area Transportation Authority-more routinely known as METRO. Metro operates a bus system and a train system.
Metro , on the whole, is more of a penalty than a service. It is frequently over -crowded and it is chronically off-schedule. The operators are often practioners of incivility and are inclined to tell people who are not pleased with the service to not use the service.
I find Metro often ignores their own rules. I've watch people eat and drink under signs that say " No Eating And Drinking". I've seen Metro buses stop for passengers when they routinely make announcements that say " Once the bus departs one stop it will not stop again until it reaches the next stop." People are asked to use their cellphones respectfully and then you wind up enduring people screaming into their phones assaulting you with vulgar conversation that you'd really prefer to not listen to.
You'd like to hope that Metro will stress , at some point, running on time and that insisting that all patrons being treated wirh respect and according dignity. It would be marvelous for Metro to insist that all rules be rigorously enforced and that not doing so will be considered a fireable offense. Yet, Metro seems to operate in an alternate reality and any complaints registered against it in protest are considered to be a reason to judge and to question those who raise them.
It is often said that we'd all be better off if people drove less and used mass transit more often. I think that Metro shows that poorly and insularly-operated mass transit provides a strong reason to decide to continue to say "no" to using Mass Transit!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment