Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry to disagree with you about that, Johnny. This country is so full of hate and discontent that I fear for its survival. When I have to say the pledge of allegiance, I always end it with "...liberty and justice for those who can afford it."
ReplyDeleteWe no longer have a justice system. When a Supreme Court "Justice" takes bribes and then votes for what the briber wanted him to vote for, then justice has been lost. When a member of a minority is arrested for something they did not do, their "lawyers" urge them to take a plea, EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE AS INNOCENT AS GOD! Why? Because they're too busy to put on a good defense, so innocent people get sent to prison because of the color of their skin or the language they speak. It is disgusting.
Janis was once voted the "ugliest man on campus" by her fellow students at the University of Texas, Austin.
We have people who keep their mouths shut when they see injustice happening. We still rely on "eyewitness testimony" when it has been proven to be unreliable. A witness who was 100 yards from a scene cannot describe anything they saw, let alone a face. Oh, I saw a black man do such and such and there he is. It could be ANY black man, but they have the nerve to think that they could identify the person's face? My neighbor was once arrested and was about to go to prison before I found out what was happening. I am white, he is black. He and his lovely wife and I were having dinner at my home when a crime was committed and the "eyewitness" swore that my neighbor was the perp.
The district attorney and the police BOTH knew that I had been having dinner with him at the time that the crime was committed some 30 miles away. They NEVER CALLED ME TO TESTIFY. WHY? Because they "had their man and one black is as good as another, they had ALL done something wrong."
After I phoned four television stations and five local newspapers, I was finally able to exonerate my friend. Had it not been for my testimony, my friend would have been sentenced to 45 years in prison!
I have zero confidence in our "justice" system, ZERO. I hold a Ph.D. in computer science. I'm a pretty sharp cookie even at 70 years young. Johnny, you're still idealistic; I'll give you a few more years to open your eyes and look around you, then tell me whether Janis was right or not.
BTW, I love this country with all my heart, I am a veteran, even though as a woman I had no obligation to serve, I did it out of love for this incredible country. I simply do not think our justice system is healthy.