I am a client of The Fairfax County, Virginia Mental Health Program I'm also recieving subsidized housing.
What has been set up for me is a program that allows me to go into a Community Mental Health Center for one visit and then my therapist comes to see me the next time. The County Mental Health Program re-organized back in July and my therapist was moved to another team
I now have a 20 something therpist who is new to the system and to the position. Last month, We had our first appointment and inspite of direct confirmation , she showed up ast my appartment at a not-agreed upon time.
Today , I had several critical matters that I wanted done and processed. She was to come here. She didn't have that recorded so she could see it and did not show I was VERY displeased and dealt with her curtly and coldly!
I told her that I did not need any extra stress today and that It is not the job of the county to add to my stress.
I did calm down and we now have an a0pointment on Friday- sigh- A FEDERAL HOLIDAY- but not one for one of her agencies! Not ideal but no other alternative worked either!
I guess I need someone to help me understand why my process of therapy should, in and of itself, create issues that NEED to be dealt with in future therapy sessions. Yet, It may be unrealistic to think that I say " Do not make this an issue for me!! This should not be my problem" is unrealistic and simply "ain't GONNA happen"!
So, Anyone have ANY good, wise and usable suggestions as to how I deal with a good, likeable, clever, witty intelligent and insightful therapist with tremendous upside and potential, who at THIS moment, seems more like a nuisance than a benefit?
- Johnny-
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
About 2 hours ago, I was at a nearby Supermarket, I noticed a young, athletic-looking man wearing a "Wounded Warrior" T- Shirt. ...
-
My Church held its' annual meeting last night. My Pastor announced that my Church would be doing more in the way of women's minist...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
No comments:
Post a Comment