The Name William Paul Young may not IMMEDIATELY mean much to you.he is not a criminal nor anyone we should fear or loathe . He is the Author of The Best Seller " The Shack"
Paul Young spoke at Arlington's Grace Community Church on Sunday, November the Sixth. He told us that The Shack is intended to be a metaphor for The Human Soul. It is the place where we hide who we really are so that we can be publicly pleasing to people. He told us that he was physically abused by a father who was too harsh a disciplinarian. He also told us that he was sexually abused by older students at the boarding school that he was sent to. This limited him for years concerning how he saw God and others. His deep woundedness and his inability to trust other became the core of his " shack".
He wrote the book because his wife wanted him to tell his children how he viewed God. He said that, years later after first writing the book, his wife had told him that " I just expected you to write 3 or 4 pages"
One of Young's overviews of his current Faith in God is that," Religion teaches us to say the right things, Christianity teaches us to live as God wants us to live."
To be continued....
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
About 2 hours ago, I was at a nearby Supermarket, I noticed a young, athletic-looking man wearing a "Wounded Warrior" T- Shirt. ...
-
My Church held its' annual meeting last night. My Pastor announced that my Church would be doing more in the way of women's minist...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
No comments:
Post a Comment