Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Trophy God - An Obnoxious and an Unacceptable Option.

 Most people really do not have a high opinion of the so called " Trophy Spouse or Companion"! They are seen as an enhancement, a decoration as a way that allows for success , prosperity and the impressiveness of the person " Look at who I have attracted and can control"! The trophy is really not valued accept as something to gain- not really seen as worthy to honor and exalt in and of him or herself"!

 God, The Creator and Lord of All, as I see Him, is often treated as, in a realistic sense, as a Trophy Deity!He is a decoration,an empower of what we wish. Someone who grants us cover and allows our lives to have significance. We want a God who is mighty to save when that benefits us and a God who is quiet, not demanding and in the background when we desire His position to be that.

 I think that God values most those who take Him seriously, view themselves as His worshiper and servant  and say I am desirous to obey You , delight in You and please You! I think while God knows that they are going to suffer the consequences, God respects, at some level those who say ," I reject Him. I want nothing to do with Him. I will live exactly as I please."

  I believe that He is highly contemptuous of and repelled by those who seem to reduce Him to something He just is not . I'm reminded of two scriptures that are chilling and potentially terrifying in this regard. " Why do you call me " Lord, Lord" and DO NOT the things that I say ? " and " I would that you be hot or cold, If you are lukewarm, I will spit you out of my mouth."

- Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment