Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Becoming a More Disciplined and Focused Writer

 I am clever and creative and actually have moments when I border on being insightful and profound. Yet, I do OBSESS on details. If I'm writing a Devotional or a Bible study or just discoursing on any subject that I'm deeply fascinated in, I tend to flood people with details. I tend to write voluminously on even very minor and obscure detail.

  If I'm writing as a teacher or an educator, I write to overwhelm with data and try to explore in detail any areas that people may struggle to comprehend. I choose, too often, to answer any question that might POSSIBLY be raised.

 All of this tends to cause me to want to avoid writing. I vowed almost a year ago that  I would figure out how to resolve this- because I enjoy life more fully when I am writing and speaking well.

Anyone have any ideas on this subject? Has anyone else struggled to overcome THIS dilemma?

- Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment