Popular Posts

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Trusting

 It is often said that we are a cynical people. That we do not think thgat very many people are dependable or reliable, That UNLESS  you really have a relationship with someone, unless you have had enough time an d experience with someone to truly have " vetted" them, That you really have any way to know whether any ONE individual is reliable or unreliable, worthy or unworthy..

 Yet, I sense it DOES bother us as individuals that people may question us and not take us as worthy of taking seriously!

I do think that an idea that I relish might change this harsh 21 ST century paradigm---- I  take seriously Psalm 15: 4 - " If you make a promise, Keep it even if it ruins you." if someone put that kind of a seal of reliability on the things that they declare that they affirm or are committed to, I belive we would become far more likely to take each other far more seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment