Popular Posts

Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Reston Deluge

 I was in Reston, Va earlier today at The Northwest Center for Community Mental Health.  I was attending a DBT session.

   I live in Alexandria and a fellow group member works very close to where I work We are not used to a week of solid, steady and at times,torrential rains. That is what we are in the midst in here.

When we headed towards the Dulles Access Road, the rain has created flash flooding all around us. It was an interesting ride with a half an hour stop because the windows fogged up to the point where it was dangerous to drive.

 This is an adventure in stress where I could have wound  being undone by a great great peril and becoming a sorry mess as I was unraveling. My friend handled the driving quite well and I seemed to actually play a role in having her get to work safely. I keep thinking that challenge and being in the midst of situations that I totally wish to avoid totally lacking in any advantage will be the crushing end of me!

 And yet...

- Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment