Labor Day is usually tarred with the brush of being " The end of summer" therefore, Many people take a doleful and melahcholy attitude towards it.
It started off as an American Holiday to celebrate the laborers of America. Those who work hard and well and who provide, even in this tough times, an amazing bounty for all of us to relish and enjoy.
Over a century ago, When this holiday was FIRST instituted , Much of America's Laborers were either farm or factory labor. A lot of what we inherited was truly an inheritance gained by the valiant determination and effort of those who truly provided for us through their sacrificial blood, sweat and tears.
Today we celebrate those who made America a land to treasure. We honor those who toil well and hard every day whether at a factory, a form, an office or at a desk at a home office or in their basement or perhaps using their trust desk or lap top wherever.
Lastly, I honor those who invest in helping others, who strenghten back bones and heal and re-direct and empower broken and crushed spirits.
To all those who labor valiantly, effectively and inspirationally , We honor YOU today!
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
No comments:
Post a Comment