today?
I know that teachers, parents, coaches, tutors, baby sitters et al still need to convey instructions and exercise authority and effective and reasonable control over children and youth that they are granted permission to lead.
Even at the start of this second decade of the 21ST CENTURY, Most instructions are given verbally. The provider of the instruction has it incumbent upon them to give instructions clearly dynamically, susinctly and authoratively! The person issuing the " command" must convey that- I have the power to do this, you need to take this seriously and you must do what you are NOW being told to do!
Yet, With ADD, The Spectrum of Autism, the confusing number of messages being provided and with the fact that many young people are not required to be responsive in many cases, How does a leader of young people do what they are CHARGED to do properly , responsibly and well?
People are now programmed to expect that nothing needs to be taken seriously the first time any information is provided to them! The First time- Oh There is something going on seemingly directed, possibly, at me- possibly being directed towards me. The Second Time- Oh, This Message is For Me. The Third Time- Oh, This is for me- I still didn't get all of it! The Fourth Time- Please tell me again - so I get all of it. The Fifth Time- I think I got it all, Tell me One More time. The Sixth- Seek Cklarification. The Seventh - Ok, Now I'll respond. This is what I observe among ADULTS!
However, some things are time sensitive. Some things must be done now or else the plan and schedule become impossible to maintain. Sometimes, Money could be lost or saftey can be compromised if the message isn't gotten in a rather quick manner!
So, Do we need more systems for conveying information and getting responses in a time-appropriate manner? or, Do we need to re-train one another as how to work well with other people and how to work promptly and effectively under properly established leadership/ authority?
- Johnny-
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment