He came to a team ready to blossom and dominate! He was the set up man for another- John Wetteland- He was supposed to keep the games close in the SEVENTH and EIGHTH innings - either holding on to the lead or keeping the YANKEES close.
After the 1996 Seasons, Wetteland became a free agent. Mariano was asked , then, to become the closes. 603 saves later- Wow, You;ve done the Yankee Universe so proud, El Rey Mariano!
Consistency, Dignity and Performance! Mariano grew up poor in Panama. He is still appreciative, likable and truly the role model that a Great Champion is expected to be!
- Johnny-
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment