Popular Posts

Monday, August 1, 2011

Do people truly believe that living well and being self-content is its' own reward?

         On October 8th of this year, God Willing, I will attain 30 years in the Program of Alcoholics Anonymous. I learned that beverages are meant to either quench my thirst or as a delight- a taste treat. When I choose to use a beverage to change my mood or to affect my attitude towards life that something has gone radically and destructively wrong!

 The lessons, as I applied to Alcohol,Thanks be to HIm, are ones, so far , that I have gotten. Yet, In most areas of life I use things and spending money- not much by the standards of most people- but, then again, I have very little . I wonder why I do not treasure more being who I am and finding more joy and satisfaction in that. Does there always need to be something more beyong myself? Is spending money an answer- even though I truly know that it isn't an answer!

Perhaps, Something akin to this explains, partially, the woes that now beset our beloved nation !

 - Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment