The Inner- County Connector, a by-pass road, allowing Washingtonians to get from Montgomery County Maryland to Prince Georges' County without being tangled up on the Capital Beltway was first proposed nearly 50 years ago, This road was debated for many, many years. Slow Growth Advocates battled against it, environmentalists waged war against it, public transit advocates lobbied against it
Finally after all of the battles, This road is nearly completed, built as a toll road. One more group that is now not pleased is the people who say " We spent years fighting to have a free, shortcut access road- We never would have fought to establish a toll road."
To me, This depicts two American passions - Having space and distance between ourselves and neighbors and being willing to work hard in order to spend my off- hours living in a way that I please in a comfortable and pleasant - to me- setting!
How important is it to you that people have good roads that get them as comfortably and as efficiently as possible to where they choose to live?
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
About 2 hours ago, I was at a nearby Supermarket, I noticed a young, athletic-looking man wearing a "Wounded Warrior" T- Shirt. ...
-
My Church held its' annual meeting last night. My Pastor announced that my Church would be doing more in the way of women's minist...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
No comments:
Post a Comment