Shame is defined as a painful feeling of humiliation or distress caused by the consciousness of wrong or foolish behavior.
Some synonyms for Shame- dishonor, ignominy and opprobrium.
Some things I find shameful-
People who feel no need to control what they say and what they do no matter where they are or what they do.
Seeing public spaces trashed, unappealing and simply used in a " It doesn't belong to me and I don't care what condition I leave in it manner."
Being confrontational to merely be confrontational, cutting people off in mid- sentence, behaving in a menacing way just to threaten and intimidate and terrorize people.
Being rude, uncivil , vulgar, offputting and hateful to insure that you get your point across is, in my opoinion, shameful behaviors.
I was taught that good, wise, decent and determined people will make state their message eloquently,cleverly, passionately, unmistakably and convincingly and will do their utmost to not be offensive and disturbing as they do so! They will do so in such a matter that will capture hearts and minds.
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment