I learned today that over 50 % of all NFL players became bankrupt after retiring from the League. I also heard Lawrence Taylor felt that his life worked better during his playing days.He knew what to do and when to do when he was on the field. Or, Other people told him what to do and he followed instructions.
He found that this structure just wasn't there once he left the game and he has struggled unsuccessfully to recreate another workable structure that he was willing to place himself within. This seems to be the struggle that alcoholics, drug addicts, those suffering with severe emotionally and mental difficulties , the very wealthy and children seem to struggle to deal with well.
This situation also plagues people who are hired into positions where they are expected to be self-motivated and a self -starter.
This is a basic thing that most of us do naturally and fairly easily for ourselves - but it can be a difficult skill to help others grow comfortable in and do well.
Has anyone had any experience professionally with helping fumbling- in- life- individuals obtain and learn to do well in becoming successfully structured in the way they go about their daily lives? What do you think is the core problem for those people who do not get how to do this effectively? What can be done to help them see the benefit of living this way?
- Johnny-
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment