According to Dictionary .Com, Entitlement is defined as " The right to a guaranteed benefit under a government program."
I also looked up Entitle on Dictionary.Com, " The right to claim something."
This is clearly a THIRD RAIL word in 2012 Politics- Both sides of the aisle tend to take jaundiced looks at people who get money from programs in what THEY believe to be an unworthy and unjustfiable manner!
They believe , each side, that there would be less waste, less abuse of how the tax payers money is spent and more responsiveness from the government to those they serve if that which THEY BELIEVE to be an entitlement was either abolished or significantly reduced..
So, From your perspective, How do wisely and responsibly decide what is a necessary and thoroughly justifiable social expenditure and what is an entitlement?
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
No comments:
Post a Comment