Max is stereotyped as a boxer who took advantage of Hitler's Aryan Superman Policy. Schmeling had a Jewish Manager. During the Anti - Jewish Riot in Berlin that occurred in the Fall of 1938- aka Kristalnacht - Schmeling hid Jewish people in his apartment,
He never joined the Nazi Party. Hitler despised him for this and drafted him- sending him on many risky mission as a paratrooper.
He survived the war. He became quite wealthy as a German spokesman for Coca- Cola. Schmeling was very generous with his money.
He and Joe Lewis fought 2 matches- Schmeling won the 1936 fight and Louis the 1938 fight. After the war, The two men became fast friends. Schmeling often gave Joe Lewui money and paid for his 1981 funeral.
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
About 2 hours ago, I was at a nearby Supermarket, I noticed a young, athletic-looking man wearing a "Wounded Warrior" T- Shirt. ...
-
My Church held its' annual meeting last night. My Pastor announced that my Church would be doing more in the way of women's minist...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
No comments:
Post a Comment