I am blessed in that a couple of families at Church have made this socially disconnected 57 year old a part of, in many and numerous ways, their family.
One family has a 6 year old who is very fond of me. On Valentines Day, He turns Seven. I was sent an e-mail that I was invited to a birthday lunch in his honor, I missed that e-mail, my fault entirely and he was hurt that I did not have his birthday present ready for him.
I felt about 1.3 inches tall. I apologized profusely, Today, I went out and bought an extra present. " Brendan" is a child who is easily hurt and is sensitive as well. As a former abused child, The tears and griefs of children weigh heavily upon me and will cause me to tear up and suffer along with them.
I once went to the Church where one of The Leaders of The Church was a Godly and Quite Dignified woman. She once said, " God moves my spirit to grieve and suffer with people who are in long -term and continuous pain." She did, then , tell us "But because I lived the life of a single mother, those are the people who I am most likely to act first to respond to."
My heart goes out most quickly to struggling and hurting children.As someone who survived severe and comprehensive child abuse, I know how important it is to support and nurture the children who are most likely to hurt and who are slow to recover from hurts.
- Johnny-
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment