Popular Posts

Saturday, December 4, 2010

A National Stop Day

I know this will, simply!!!, not ever happen. It is idealistic, foolish and nonsensical. However, I think we'd all benefit tremendously if the US established a National STOP Day!

Earlier this year as the Greater Washington Area soldiered through the snowiest winter in anyone's memory, I heard people with families, especially families with very young children, talked about appreciating the being forced to change their routine- no school, no work, business trips cancelled and so forth.

People told me ,with wistful smiles , about having time for talking - for true, detailed and absorbing conversation, for laughing and for true dedicated listening. They felt freed of mastery by any clock or schedule.

So, Would we all benefit from a day where we simply hang out and remember that our species IS, after all referred to as HUMAN Beings and not Human DOINGS!? Not likely to ever happen!!! This I will readily admit! However, Do I believe that all of us would be well-served by such a day? OH!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!

- Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment