Popular Posts

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

When we fear what might be....

 Many people stroll through each day and boldly take on that day and look with faith, energy and confidence towards the thought of dealing with tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, three months from now or even 5 years from now. A number of those people trust in what they've accomplished and their sense that they are proven to be competent and able. Down to their core, These mean and women BELIEVE that they will handle everything and anything well.

 Then, There are those who timidly tip-toe through each day! They see each day as a fearsome enemy, as a lurking and hateful monster that is very likely to be vicious and horrible to them.I must confess that I long have been such a timid and fearful information. I often need to coax and push myself into the new day. I believe that the day is likely to coat me with unpleasantness and horror as I tread through the day. Now, If the day turns out well, I will celebrate it but I will note it as being " a gift, an exceptional treasure"- in other words- a rarity not likely to be dependably replicated.

Thus, I am prone to sleeping in, to hiding and delaying! I say this keeps me safe and allows me to come to the conclusion that staying away from other and being by myself allows me maximum control over my life and the greatest possible safety and security! Yet, I'm also prone to depression and anxiety and the simple truth is that being alone and isolated makes my life worse and more troubled!

So, Over the last few days, I've been deciding that some " girding up my loins" is in order. I need to be available to care about and serve more people. I want a more interesting and richly diverse life that is soaked with possibilities and promise! So, I know that the way I have lived must be cast aside because I want to do much better and I want to become a far better person and the way I have lived will not allow for that to occur!

Not risking insures sameness, dullness and overwhelming and predictable boredom. Insisting that people should come visit you at home and not expect you to constantly be running around can leave you doing or not doing many things by yourself! Rejecting Local Public Transportation because I find it very disagreeable means that I limit my ability to get around! I simply am making my life unlivable and my justifications for doing so are seeming more to be quality thin and laughable excuses.

Therefore, I will practice the idea of  Going Boldly into each new day and realistically commit myself to acting to making that day the best day that it can possibly be. I know some days will be trials but growth and progress are never promised to be easy, pleasant and gentle at all times!

All of this means, That My 2011 will be a more satisfying and overall positively interesting day than my 2010 was! YESSSSSSSS!!!

- Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment