Popular Posts

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Lesson provided by Desi Arnaz

Yes, That DESI!, The Ricky Ricardo of "I  Love Lucy"! Desi Arnaz, sometime in the 1980's was approached to write his autobiography. Desi did and the title that he chosen for it was - "A Book".

That title fascinated and mystified many. He was, of course , asked -. " Why did you select that particular title?'.  He simply smiled and succinctly stated, " I was asked to write a book, so I did"

I admire brevity, verbal economy and presenting a message that is muscular and yet educates. However, Brevity and succinctness are not qualities I come anywhere close mastering.

I blog in a style which can best be described as a blend of diary, commentary, analysis and thought pieces. I am now considering tackling the task of beginning to write a book. I am full of anxiety as I consider this task! My current phrase concerning this venture is " I do not want to write a Snoopy Book"! Now, I also NEED to ask myself, " Am I capable of writing A BOOK?" !

- Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment