Popular Posts

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dismissing and Demoting Others!

 One important caveat of going from being alone to starting a new relationship that COULD possibly develop into a significant other one is to not settle in order to just gain entry into a relationship> Some people will say, as an example, "If he/ she has a pulse, is of the opposite sex and looks like they just MIGHT be able to tolerate being around me, Then, I'm willing to date him or her!". I KNOW that sounds like bad or perhaps gallows humor and it is that at times. I will bluntly say that during many of the long Saturday nights of this year, I've actually  said that " I'm so lonely that I'd be willing to be in a relationship PRECISELY like the one depicted in that awful joke!"


We know that the Beautiful, Rich and Sexy can, and often are pursued for being seen as being all or part of these descriptors. They are ego enhancers and too often can be used as trophies or "status provers"- In effect, " I MUST! BE! someone special look at who I am in a relationship with!" We also know that some people use their appearance and wealth as tradeable commodities .This, is of course, rather sad.

The best among us wish to ardently believe that  these people are truly a couple because they are truly fond of each other. Yet, We know that this truth can occur rather rarely. To the person NOT in a relationship, these relationships can seem especially vexing, The sentiment can be conveyed as , " I'm angry that I am not in a relationship but I am even more frustrated because of WHO he or she is in a relationship."

 We know that being sen in public with, spending a lot of time with and being in a sexual relationship with a rich, handsome/ pretty and sexy person is considered to be a glamorous and desirable experience that many hope they will realize at some point in their lives. Most people who think beyond the immediate see people who long for such encounters as being, immature, superficial and vain.

Do I like to be around very pretty, sexy and wealthy women? Yes, I do! Yet, I know that he best relationship I can hope for is one with someone who invests in me as I have the honor of investing in her, someone who longs to be with me as much as I long to be with her. A kind and gentle woman woman with a big heart and a bold spirit would be superb. Whether this person is 35 pounds overweight or skeletal does not determine her personality. Whether her curves draw vast interest or not does not tell me whether she appreciate art, music or nature.Superficials  can dazzle for the moment, genuine class, dignity, pervasive loveliness and poise can be the be the reasons to thank God each day that you have the honor of knowing such a person.

I hope God that I will not let the anxiety and longings of the moment to dictate who I wish to begin to become connected to through the blessings of a growing and mutually nurturing relationship!

- Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment