Popular Posts

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Words from merely wonderful times past?

Are those just words from documents that are hundreds of years old or things we say to superficially inspire young people at special ceremonies? We all know that we all roll our eyes when we hear pretty words spoken skillfully that we are convinced have little to zero substance tied to them. We are aware that adults will offer the unexpected accustomed polite and surface when they read commentary and hear speeches that come across this way! What they will say in e-mails, telephone calls and face to face conversation is likely to express their true feelings- dismissal and scorn likely-of what they have heard and read.

People tend to be impressed by substance and hard-won and earned experience, " What do you have that gives muscle and validity" to what you are saying! What are you TELLING me that gives me any reason to take you seriously or regard you as credible! We also know, if anything, this is even more true of young people.

As I try to convince myself to begin writing a book, I ask myself- Does my life have enough substance? Have I done things that will motivate others?  Or , Would it be just a waste of electricity to try? God, Please help me to sort things out!

- Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment