Popular Posts

Sunday, April 17, 2011

I believe it is best for JOHNNY not to be alone!

 I'm going to be bold here- I believe that it is very bad, damaging and corrosive for me to be alone and for me to spend too much time with I sharing with myself and me!

I know that I have been told the value of " Liking Myself, Loving Myself and Being My Own Best Friend"!!!!  I know the strong truths in those concepts. I value them and practice them with great vigor, intensity and commitment.

I also pray, meditate, I am in counseling and participate in a strong church. Yet, I also hear spiritual truths that I feel that I do not take seriously enough, "It is not good for man to be alone, For Lack of Vision, A people perish and deferred make the heart sick."

I am not profiting by eating too many meals alone. I'd like to go to a movie or or on a long walk with an individual who I care about and feel relaxed and at ease with, not as a pat of a group, a herd or a crowd. I know spontaneous interactions as a concept/ idea/ theory not as something I regularly practice.

I know that things do not happen instantaneously, that wishing things were different and wanting that to happen now does not , THIS INSTANT, make them so!  Yet, Moving towards, making progress towards being able to believe that you are heading towards an outcome you desire is motivating, empowering and makes Johnny or anyone a more pleasant, positive, enjoyable and lovable person to be in the presence of!

Codependency author Claudia Black teachers that  relationship issues are impossible to work out in theory or in practice exercises. She strongly advocates that- Relationship Issues can ONLY be worked out in relationships.You can only progress in relationship matters by interactions with others!!!! The Founder of Toastmasters, Doctor Ralph Smedley ,believed that, "Learning occurs best in times of Enjoyment." I'd like to experience much greater enjoyment throughout the rest of 2011 and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment