Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Return to Then! Really?

 We all have them, I know that I do. A time of struggle and harshness, a time when it seems I'm battling far  to hard to get through any given day. Or, A Day when I feel that I'm not being treated kindly and gently ENOUGH, when people are no where near as co-operative as I wish them to be.

  At such a time,I way want to. ardently desire to vacate the presnrt, have today simply and totally vanish and I may want to return to a happier a time- a time when the world seemed to be more disposed to treating me as I wish to be treated. So, I'd want to trade today for a day that is in the past. I do, every once in a while think of going into the future. Howeverm As I do not know whwen I'm going to die that can be risky. Also, I will not, reliably, know what has happened between now and then and thus who knows what I will enter into.

So, I might decide to retreat, Let's Say to December 25th, 1974, a Christmas I remember as particularly great. And Yet, Would I want to rely upon the computers of 1974. Would I want PONG to be my sole video game option? Would my life be emptier without the people who would not be a part of my life then? Would knowing what was going to happen that day make reliving it a bit stale?

 I've learned that each day is what I make it. Tghe things that occur to me are all classroom, in effect and providfe lessons upon things I want to keep[ doing, things I want to do more of and things that I may wish to avoid and or discontinue!

 So, While I may not like today, actually today has been a pretty good day, this day is the best of all possible worlds for me to be within right now! Continuums work well and the person who wants to avoid today and live in the "best Of" times of their life has lost the abiklity to hope and dream and build. As I think about it, That,, in  and of itself would be choosing to live nightmarishly and that would be a poor choice to make today or any other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment