Popular Posts

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mood Tuning

       I spent too many years just telling people that "I am in a mood". This simply meant that I wanted to find an excuse to be morose, nasty, unpleasant, thin- skinned and difficult. Some cliches are really not very smart to embrace and buy into, The one I bought into, too readily and too easily is that, " Misery loves company".

One of the Best things I've ever done is to learn a life-enhancing program called DBT - Dialectical Behavior Therapy. One of the features of this therapy is to stop thinking in  terms of absolutes. It is also allows people to be able to work well with opposites.

One idea that I enjoy is using a deliberate choice of using a shift in facial expressions to alter your mood. Putting a smile on your face and working to keep it there can help you to actually feel much happier and more contented.

It does work!

No comments:

Post a Comment