Mental Health Empowerment Movement. This slogan is that people who are consumers of mental health service have a RIGHT to be fully informed of all of the details concerning decisions made about them by the Mental Health Provider who is serving them.
Some in the Consumer Mental Health Movement are even more radical concerning this. They claim that they have a right to participate in any discussion of treatment and services concerning them . Some will even say that they have the right to vote on decisions and exercise a veto on such matters. Many believe that provider's goal concerning them should be-to allow me to be restored to the fullest extent possible a mental illness free life and to allow me to live a maximally fulfilling life.
The sometime push back from the mental health provider community is - We only have so much time, so much money and limited resources. We also, especially if we are public provider really cant cater to a few!One state , Virginia, has had its' legislature state that for their Publicly Funded Mental Health System is charged with stabilizing those being treated for mental illness . This means - Not likely to harm him/ herself and not likely to do harm to anyone else! Personally, I think that this is a radically low lowest common denominator standard.
How do you weigh in on this?
- Johnny-
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
About 2 hours ago, I was at a nearby Supermarket, I noticed a young, athletic-looking man wearing a "Wounded Warrior" T- Shirt. ...
-
My Church held its' annual meeting last night. My Pastor announced that my Church would be doing more in the way of women's minist...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment