Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The importance of being heard and being heeded.

 You ask , you plead and the other person, a friend, really won't listen . They run over your boundaries, You ask them to respect you and you are further mocked and wounded as they bat aside and run unencumbered over your clearly stated objection/ objections.

 You really do not wish to end the friendship- so you establish a clear warning- I do not want a relationship with someone who can cavalierly hurt me , with someone who will decide to disregard my heartfelt please to stop. I need you to change and I must be able to trust in and rely upon you again in order for me to be intelligent in deciding that we can continue to be friends.

So, You disconnect from that other person and now you will learn. Do they actually care? Are you someone who means ENOUGH to them to inspire them to effectively and committedly change their behavior!>

No comments:

Post a Comment