Popular Posts

Monday, June 20, 2011

The Kingdom of My Room

 Being bullied and being terrified, for fear of what will be done to you, to express who you are can warp and cripple a child's spirit and self-image!

  Around the age of 11, I was given the gift of a tape recorder. I used it to record episodes of Lost and Space and Star Trek directly from our 1954 RCA Victor TV that I'd listen to over and over again!

 After awhile, I'd read comic book stories into my tape recorder. It was a great release, very freeing to be able to be Superman, Captain America, The Silver Surfer ,Green Lantern et al.

 I could use them to express emotions in a safe and satisfying manner. It felt good to be myself and be brave and daring, at least for a short while! This is where I first really got that it was good and healthy to be fully and exactly me!

No comments:

Post a Comment